Our mission at Aveda is to care for the world we live in, from the products we make to the ways in which we give back to society. At Aveda, we strive to set an example for environmental leadership and responsibility, not just in the word of beauty, but around the world.
Our Nova Vita team knows the importance of giving back to the community in which we live and work. We all work together out of passion and dedication to make a difference using our creativity and talents to contribute to various fundraisers for a multitude of local events and charities.
The opportunity to donate our time and talent to any person wishing to cut their hair for donation is always a great treat. When both stylist and guest know their efforts will help make a wig for a child with cancer, the appointment becomes an experience and a rewarding memory for all involved. Call and book your appointment to donate your locks – complimentary.
With our intent set on making a difference in the community, the Nova Vita team remains true to our values and always gives back.
Please contact us if you’d like our assistance for fundraisers or charity events where our team of makeup artists and stylists can get involved.
WHAT NOVA VITA HAS ACCOMPLISHED
- We founded the annual Little Black Dress Event in 2005. We successfully ran this event for 8 years, raising over $150,000 for Wellspring Cancer Centre of London & Tara Boom Children’s Foundation. The event included silent auctions, live auctions, a fashion show featuring multiple local businesses and over 15 models, and countless volunteers.
- For the last 13 years, we have been eager participants in the Parkinson’s Cut A Thon.
- We have been part of Diva Day for 9 years now. We donate our time and skill each year to a day of pampering and relaxation, in order to raise funds for the London and District Distress Centre.
- We have participated in the Women’s Lifestyle Show for 14 years, both as vendors at the event, and also by putting on a fashion show. This showcases local designers & shops, as well as the talents of our staff of hair stylists & makeup artists.
- Each year, members of our team participate in Aveda’s Walk For Water. This walk is a celebration of Earth Month, and focuses on the protection of our water resources.
- We are happy to supply hair and makeup services for countless fashion shows associated with Western University and Fanshawe College.
- We donated our time and skill to lend a helping hand with Western’s Head for the Cure, a campaign held at UWO to also raise money for cancer.
- With your help, we donated over 1,000 feet of hair to Just Between Friends, a local organization dedicated to the making of wigs for those in need. We proved that help can be given without a monetary donation.
- We annually hold a Christmas Toy Drive for the Children’s Aid Society. Each year, generous donations allow us to fill multiple truck loads with gifts for those in need
- Raised money and awareness for Juvenile Diabetes and Cystic Fibrosis seven years in a row and counting, by participating in the Telus Walk for Diabetes & the Great Strides walk for Cystic Fibrosis.
- Continuous donations for Optimist, Hopes Garden, Hospice of London, Children’s Aid Society, St. Josephs Health Care, TaraBoom Houston Children’s Foundation, and Holiday Home Tour Auction for people with disabilities.
- We participate in Earth Month each May with Aveda.
- We sponsor children in Africa through Compassion Canada. Instead of staff members receiving gifts on their birthdays, a monthly charitable donation to a child in Africa is made in their name.
- Every Spring and Summer season, the Nova Vita team supports Cystic Fibrosis research and the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation by wearing any colour other than black on Friday’s and Saturday’s, giving $2 each day to be collected until Fall.