To our Community
Our Nova Vita team knows the importance of giving back to the community in which we live and work. We all work together out of passion and dedication to make a difference using our creativity and talents to contribute to various fundraisers for a multitude of local events and charities.
With our intent set on making a difference in the community, the Nova Vita team remains true to our values and always gives back. Please contact us if you’d like our assistance for fundraisers or charity events where our team of makeup artists and stylists can get involved.
At Nova Vita
- We founded the annual Little Black Dress Event in 2005. We successfully ran this event for 8 years, raising over $150,000 for Wellspring Cancer Centre of London & Tara Boom Children’s Foundation. The event included silent auctions, live auctions, a fashion show featuring multiple local businesses and over 15 models, and countless volunteers.
- For the last 13 years, we have been eager participants in the Parkinson’s Cut A Thon.
- We have been part of Diva Day for 9 years now. We donate our time and skill each year to a day of pampering and relaxation, in order to raise funds for the London and District Distress Centre.
- We have participated in the Women’s Lifestyle Show for 14 years, both as vendors at the event, and also by putting on a fashion show. This showcases local designers & shops, as well as the talents of our staff of hair stylists & makeup artists.
- Each year, members of our team participate in Aveda’s Walk For Water. This walk is a celebration of Earth Month, and focuses on the protection of our water resources.
- We are happy to supply hair and makeup services for countless fashion shows associated with Western University and Fanshawe College.
- We donated our time and skill to lend a helping hand with Western’s Head for the Cure, a campaign held at UWO to also raise money for cancer.
- With your help, we donated over 1,000 feet of hair to Just Between Friends, a local organization dedicated to the making of wigs for those in need. We proved that help can be given without a monetary donation.
- We annually hold a Christmas Toy Drive for the Children’s Aid Society. Each year, generous donations allow us to fill multiple truck loads with gifts for those in need
- Raised money and awareness for Juvenile Diabetes and Cystic Fibrosis seven years in a row and counting, by participating in the Telus Walk for Diabetes & the Great Strides walk for Cystic Fibrosis.
- Continuous donations for Optimist, Hopes Garden, Hospice of London, Children’s Aid Society, St. Josephs Health Care, TaraBoom Houston Children’s Foundation, and Holiday Home Tour Auction for people with disabilities.
- We participate in Earth Month each May with Aveda.
- We sponsor children in Africa through Compassion Canada. Instead of staff members receiving gifts on their birthdays, a monthly charitable donation to a child in Africa is made in their name.
- Every Spring and Summer season, the Nova Vita team supports Cystic Fibrosis research and the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation by wearing any colour other than black on Friday’s and Saturday’s, giving $2 each day to be collected until Fall.
Come Visit Us In The Salon!
Monday 10:00am – 8:00pm
Tuesday 9:00am – 8:00pm
Wednesday 9:00am – 5:00pm
Thursday 9:00am – 9:00pm
Friday 10:00am – 9:00pm
Saturday 8:00am – 5:00pm
Meet Our Team
At Nova Vita Hair Studio & Esthetics
Rhonda – Owner
Rhonda strongly believes in keeping her skills sharp and up to date. She has consistently sought out advanced education from widely recognized international pioneers in the beauty industry. Her portfolio includes Vidal Sassoon’s, John Raymond in Los Angeles, Toni & Guy, Revlon, as well as training frequently in Europe for the elite Style Masters! She has also completed her Great Lengths certification and frequently updates her skills with Aveda training. Rhonda’s true passion lies in curly hair, long hair, razor cutting and creating unique, customized new looks suitable for all of her guests! Rhonda cherishes her long standing relationships that she has created over the years and her new relationships with her guests and always looks forward to seeing their smiling faces!
Georgie – Colour Specialist
Georgie is our resident colour specialist! Her extensive knowledge in the colour world has always been a huge asset to our team. She specializes in colour corrections, highlights, all over colours, root colours, blondes and perms. Georgie has been in the industry for a vast number of years now, resulting in beautiful, long lasting colour results for all her clients.
Miguel – Stylist/Makeup Artist
Miguel is one of our master stylists! He is well known for creating flawless classic women’s cuts and his outstanding barbering techniques. With over 20 years in the industry, Miguel can help you create a new look or a classic style! His confidence in both cutting and colour is sure to leave you satisfied! Miguel specializes in highlights, all over colours, red toned colours and is especially passionate about women’s cuts! He can be found in the salon Wednesdays through Saturdays.
Deyana – Stylist
Deyana is well known for creating stunning looks from start to finish! Her wealth of knowledge as a colourist has quickly made her a favorite with all our guests! She specifically specializes in ombres/balayages, high-lights, all over colours and is truly an expert in creating flawless blondes! Deyana is also well versed in Men’s cuts, Women’s cuts and Kid’s cuts. Her passion lies in creating a unique, customized look for all of her guests! She is also one of our updo experts! She can help you create a stunning, elegant look for your wedding, prom, graduation or any special occasion. She creates effortless styles, suitable for any occasion! Her desire to keep up with current trends and advance her education has lead her to take classes with Vidall Sassoon, Revlon, Aveda and many more!
Jules – Stylist
Julie specializes in Nano-Link and Great Length Extensions, Highlights, Baby lights, all over and root colour and Balayage/Ombre. Julie is well known for creating beautiful blondes! Additionally, Julie’s attention to detail has made her an exquisite precision cutter, her specialty being long hair and a classic bob hair cut. Julie has been with Nova Vita since 2003! After graduating from Devoge Academy, she kept her skills fresh and current with continual advanced education with Aveda, Revlon Professional, Schwarzkopf and Salon Pro training with Jon Reyman in Los Angeles. Julie’s hours are Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays.
Sara – Stylist/Makeup Artist
Throughout her career, Sara has become a very well-rounded stylist, specializing in many different areas of the beauty industry.
Not only does Sara excel with short and long cuts, she always provides exceptional results with her colour clients, from Highlights and balayages/ombres to colour corrections, Sara can do it all! She also provides many different services, such as both Great Length and Nano Link Extensions, Smoothing Treatments and she is also one of our resident “curly hair experts.” On top of everything else, she is also one of our resident make-up artists, having a broad and extensive understanding of the makeup industry, she can create stunning, elegant looks for prom, weddings or special occasions. Sara has been with us at Nova Vita for 8 years, having been in the industry for almost 9! Her smiling face can be found in the salon Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays.
Kaylen – Stylist/Makeup Artist
Kaylen specializes in precision cutting, creating incredible, clean haircuts for both men and women. She works well with textured and curly hair and her bob cuts are some of the best in the industry! Kaylen is also passionate about colour services, specifically balayages, highlights creating beautiful, natural looking blondes. She also works as one of our Make-Up Artists, bringing her considerable knowledge of the make-up industry to produce elegant and creative looks! She can help you create stunning looks for prom, weddings or any special occasion! Kaylen started at Nova Vita as a co-op student, working her way up the ranks to become a truly exceptional stylist. Having trained at the Aveda Academy in Toronto, ON. Kaylen is available Tuesdays, Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays.
Caroline – Stylist
Caroline has a passion for colour services and excels with balayages, ombres and creative colours, rose gold being her specialty. She can create a unique, stunning new look just for you! She is passionate about Men’s cuts, Women’s cuts, children’s cuts and specializes in creating elegant updos for proms, weddings and special occasions. Caroline has been a stylist for 13 years, having been with Nova Vita for the past 6. Her friendly, caring personality is one of the things her clients can’t get enough of, always greeting them with a big smile and warm welcome. Caroline is available in the salon Tuesdays through Saturdays.
Lacee – Stylist/Makeup Artist
Lacee’s extensive knowledge as a colorist has made her a “go-to” for our colour clients. She has become an expert in creating stunning blondes through highlights and balayages/ombres and thoroughly enjoys colour corrections. She also specializes in rose golds, greys and colour melts! Lacee truly is a stellar colourist! On top of that, Lacee specializes in hair health for growing out long hair and is an expert in Men’s cuts, including fades, using the classic scissor over comb techniques. Lacee also works as one of our resident make-up artists, for all your bridal, prom or special event needs. Lacee first started at Nova Vita in 2012 after having graduated from The Aveda Institute in Toronto, ON. Lacee can be found at the salon Tuesdays, Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays.
Chelsea has been pursuing her career in hair since 2018, overcoming many challenges and obstacles with her passion for the craft! She has trained at the London Beauty Academy and the Aveda Academy in Toronto. She enjoys doing men’s cuts, women’s cuts and colors, and highlights. You can contact Nova Vita to book with Chelsea, she is currently offering services Monday through Saturday (off Wednesdays).
Margo – Stylist
Margot has been in the beauty industry for 20 years, and brings to Nova Vita a skill set from doing hair around the world, most recently in Dubai! She loves to create natural, sun-kissed looks with balayage, enjoys the challenges that a colour correction can give, and is a whiz with a blow dryer, already known for her stunning blowouts! Margo doesn’t work with short, pixie, or men’s cuts. You can book with Margot Tuesday through Saturday.
Manuela – Esthetician
Manuela is a European trained esthetician with over 24 years of experience. She specializes in waxing techniques, using a Azalen hard wax, which can significantly reduce reddening and irritation to the skin. Manuela is well known for creating the perfect eyebrow, both with waxing and tinting services, to give a stronger, more defined look. Whether it’s Brazilian waxing, full legs or just a simple chin wax you won’t be disappointed! As a professional makeup artist, her expertise in Bridal, formal, Prom and special occasion make up will leave you feeling confident and beautiful! Manuela is also passionate about her European facial techniques, leaving her guests with a fresh, clean glow! Manuela can be found in the salon Tuesday, Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays.
Sophia is one of the most valued members of our team as one of Nova Vita’s treasured assistants! She started out as a co-op student and quickly became indispensable with her positive attitude and can-do spirit! Sophie is planning to attend the Aveda Institute to study hair but already has a love of learning about colour, she loves doing braids and updos and you can currently book in with her for a blowout.
Faiz is our Barber who has trained in Montreal for 2 years and now here in London. He specializes in Men’s cuts and that perfect fade. He is availible on Fridays and Saturdays.